Man addicted to eating
Mike, a local, 42 year old resident, is addicted to eating. "Did you bring any snickers bars with you?", Mike asked us as we started our interview with him. "I've got to have food all the time. I even eat myself to sleep sometimes, I keep Doritos next to my bed and just snack out until I go to sleep. I eat five full meals a day. I eat while driving too, I always keep some kind of snack in the car, so I can pig out while I am going to the store for more food, or when I go anywhere, for that matter. I definitely eat while watching TV, constantly. When I go places, I carry a small backpack full of food and snacks to eat. I even snack on various foods like gummy bears, twinkies, or cheese 'n crackers while I take a bath. I'll eat just about anything, really. All this eating takes alot of planning out too, I wake up at 3 a.m and pop some sausage, egg and cheese biscuits in the microwave and eat that, then I go back to bed and wake up at 7 a.m and eat a ham and cheese omelet, with bacon and two slices of toast. Then my third meal would be lunch around noon, which can consist of various things, depending on my mood, then when I get home at 4 p.m, I usually make myself a sandwich and have some potato chips. Then I have dinner around 7 p.m., plus I snack constantly in between.", said Mike as he was spooning Spaghetti O's out of a microwaveable container while talking to us. We asked Mike how much he spends on groceries per week, and he replied "ahh, about $175, just for myself, sometimes more, and none of it goes to waste." We asked Mike what his favorite food was, and he replied "There's a few...pizza, fried chicken, subs." Mike said he does not plan on doing anything about his addiction because he enjoys eating too much,


Comments